How to Clean Glass Shower Screen & Doors
Despite being the place where we keep ourselves clean, showers can actually be pretty dirty. With all the moisture and mildew, it’s the perfect place for grime and dirt to build up. One common problem we all have is cloudy or dirty shower screens, which can make the entire bathroom appear unkempt. Luckily for you, we’ve created a list of the best ways to a sparkling shower glass screen!
1. Baking soda and vinegar: Wet your shower screen, then rub the screen with a cloth heavily doused in baking soda. Once the area is thoroughly covered, pour white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the screen down with the vinegar. Spray the screen thoroughly so that the baking soda is sprayed off. Once you’re one, rinse with warm water and give it a good wipe.
2. Vinegar soak: The first step to this method is making sure the shower screen is completely dry. Grab some paper towels and douse them in vinegar. Then one by one, stick them onto the screen until the surface area of your screen is completely covered. Leave them to soak for at least 45 minutes, and afterwards, you should be able to wipe off residue easily.
3. Lemon Juice and Salt: This is a great way to clean a shower screen with a metal frame. You may or may not notice some rust that has formed over the years. Lemon is a natural stain remover. Mix together one tablespoon of lemon juice to two tablespoons of salt to form a paste. With an old toothbrush, scrub the mixture thoroughly into the corner. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
4. Good Old Windex: Windex isn’t just for windows. Grab yourself a bottle of Windex, or a similar window cleaning product and a squeegee. For the most efficient method, rinse the surface first with some warm water, spray on the Windex and lightly wipe it down with a paper towel. Spray again, and then get swiping with the squeegee. Finish off any marks with a paper towel.
5. Prevention: Admittedly, we don’t have the time to be cleaning our shower glass doors regularly, but one big shower cleaning tip is a daily wipe down with a squeegee. Leave a squeegee in the shower, and give the shower door a quick wipe while you’re showering. The shower’s already wet, and the grime is loosened with the warm water and steam. Turning this into a daily habit will help reduce the gradual buildup that causes an unsightly appearance to your shower screen.
Still, can’t be bothered? Even with these shower cleaning tips? That’s fine, no judgment. Cleaning the shower isn’t exactly something I would want to do either. Luckily for you, there’s an even easier way to clean your shower screen, one guaranteed to work, and that’s a bathroom clean by UrbanYou. Book our professional domestic cleaners online to do all the hard work for you!