Be Clean ✨ Be Green ? Save the Earth ?
There’s an incredibly long list of the things that we do on an everyday basis that isn’t great for the environment. Driving, watching television, and even eating meat. Unfortunately, one to add to the list is cleaning. All of the products we use, go straight into the drain and our water systems. So you may be asking yourself, how else am I meant to clean? Try these top three homemade environmentally friendly cleaners, which can do just as good a job (if not better) than a product from the bottle.
You may be thinking, how am I supposed to clean with fruit? Lemon is your answer. It’s a natural disinfectant, stain remover, and the fresh smell will remain for days.
- Clean your microwave: fill a bowl with water and pop in some lemon slices. Run the microwave for 1 minutes and the steam will clean your microwave
- Remove oil stains: dab a wedge of lemon onto the stain, leave to dry and then pop into the wash
- Clean faucets: simply cut the lemon in half and rub it over the taps to remove water stains
I like to think of bi-carb soda as the holy grail pantry item. It has so many more purposes than for a cake. Bi-Carb soda can:
- Keep your fridge smelling fresh: pop in a cup of it to avoid odours
- Deodorise your shoes: sprinkle your shoes with bi-Carb and leave overnight
- Clean your oven and stove top: make a mix of bicarb and vinegar and get scrubbing
Vinegar is pretty good in salted chips, but also could serve a grand purpose in cleaning your house. With vinegar you can:
- Clean your dishwasher: pop a bowl of vinegar in your dishwasher and run on a standard cycle
- Keep your toilet fresh: pour vinegar into your toilet tank so that with every flush, it cleans itself
- Windows: mix one part water and one part vinegar for the ultimate pane cleaning solution
If using homemade cleaner isn’t your thing, switch to commercial environmentally friendly cleaners, like the Earth Choice, which are cheap and easy to find in supermarkets.